Yes, finally. Took a bit under a year, although it would of been finished earlier if we’d work on it more regularily.
Since it’s a cover-up, then here’s a pic of what it looked like BEFORE:
Also, a lot of thanks and congratulations to the Radio Mania’s team – on their birthday concert at Rock Cafe (Tallinn, EST), they awarded my doom-sludge band Talbot with the “Surprise of the Year 2011” award. Lovely.
Customer drew herself a design, an elephant-lady with four hands and a tail of a mermaid.Lovely combination. I really like it.
Anyway, she also wanted to have something behind the ‘phant-lady, so I drew a mandala there.
Photo is doing no justice to it, but the mandala is done with the gray ink – Silver, by Intenze. Later on, when it’s done and healed I’ll try to catch the colours better.
The Silver and some other grays have become my favourite inks lately.
A work in progress:
Yesterday continued with the mermaid back. I filled the upper background with clouds etc (the right corner was done some times ago actually), detailed the ship a bit and so on. It’s quietly getting there, totally enjoying doing it. Looks nice and massive.
Been thinking for 9 years about covering up the old stuff on my own leg, 9 years. We’ll, last week I finally got around it and beginned with the work. It’s going to be a lot of blackwork, as you can see:
Been really busy making a lot of designs for customers. You’ll be seeing those on the skin quite soon. Some of them at least.
Anyway, here’s few updates from some of meanwhile tattoowork as well:
first of all, continued with the mermaids. Later on I intend to smoothen the skin coloured “lines” tho. Too “sharp” at the moment.
And started a snake with legendary Shure mic. This customer is a singer in a band and also a morning show host in one of the radio station here. Snake, as a strong symbol, singing into the mic and as the cord coming out from mic going back to the snake, then all he sings/says/does goes right back at it. Nice idea.
And finally, a tune to go with the Murmaiding:
Some progress on one of the mermaids:
And some progress on the angelish girl:
Also, started one halfsleeve. Flowerish plants and such, quite an abstract stuff. All freehand. As you can see, we didn’t got too far on the first session.
Here’s one drawing I recently finished, probably going to be one of the new shirt designs as well.